CS Sherin, May 9th, 2019; updated 05-22-19
There are some things that have remained a standard in my journey on the path towards a more sustainable lifestyle recipe-wise over the past decade or so: the toothpowder recipe, deodorant recipe, and green cleaning recipes. Today, I am sharing the toothpowder recipe, which is an adaptation from the one in Recipe For A Green Life.
Adapting recipes is a necessary part of an ongoing long-term holistic sustainable lifestyle. Needs change, body responses change, situations and abilities change. Therefore, there is a need for us to adapt and change what we are doing. That willingness to experiment and for flexibility in the practice ensures ongoing progress on the path.
Recipe For A Green Life: Toothpowder Recipe
sustainable, easy, effectiveCredit: CS Sherin, recipeforagreenlife.wordpress.com
- 1/4 C baking soda
- 1/4 C calcium carbonate powder
- 1/4 C sea salt, fine
- 1 T sage spice powder, organic
- 5-10 drops spearmint oil, food-grade
- Mix all dry ingredients together first.
- Add the drops of oil last and mix well.
- Store in a waterproof container with a lid.
- Dip a wet toothbrush in and brush.Consider the following as possible alternatives/additions: - an essential oil oral care blend - cinnamon spice powder, organic - grow organic sage and grind it yourself Additional care for troubled gums: - coconut oil and Manuka honey massage - crushed garlic, honey and olive oil massage - oil pulling